Holy Spirit Catholic Church & Christ the King Mission are open, loving parts of our Parish community located in the Diocese of Biloxi. We are united by our faith in Jesus Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit.
Our mission is to challenge and support one another while humbly living the gospel message. We strive to serve the common good as witnesses to Jesus Christ.
In support of this mission we strive to honor our God in everything we do. Our goals as a Parish focus on fostering spiritual growth, providing exceptional Catholic educational programs, responding to the needs of the Parish community, and reaching out with love and compassion to serve all those in need.
A brief History of Holy Spirit Catholic Parish established in Vancleave circa 1980
It was through the dedication and prayers of the Catholics of Vancleave, Bishop Joseph Lawson Howze, D.D., on April 11, 1980, founded the parish now called Holy Spirit Catholic Parish. Father John Izral was the founding pastor.
The first church was constructed by parishioners themselves. Exemplifying the can-do spirit that has become the legacy of Holy Spirit Parish. Contained in this facility was the sanctuary area and portable walls provided for classrooms for religious instructions. Also, in the building was a small apart for the pastor consisting of a kitchen, small office, bedroom and a bath. This multipurpose building was dedicated on May 23, 1981.
- In 1988 Father Paul Gillis became our Priest in residence at Vancleave. Father Gillis remained in residence at Holy Spirit for two years.
- In 1989 Father Frank Scott was appointed the Administrator of Holy Spirit Parish and Christ The King Mission.
- On September 12, 1997, Father John R. McGrath, J.C.L. was appointed the second Pastor of Holy Spirit Parish and Christ the King Mission.
- In 1998 the Parish purchased 10.1 acres for the construction of a rectory and a new church.
- In 1999 the rectory was completed.
- On July 8, 2001, Most Reverend Thomas J. Rodi, J.D.,J.C.L makes his first parish visit as Bishop of Biloxi at Holy Spirit's Inaugural Bishop Rodi's Ice Cream Party.
- On April 6, 2003, ground was broken for the new Holy Spirit Church.
- On March 27, 2004, the new Holy Spirit Church is dedicated by Most Reverend Thomas J. Rodi, J.D., J.C.L. This is the first Church dedicated by Bishop Rodi as Bishop of Biloxi.
- In January, 2010, Father Thang John Pham is appointed third Pastor of Holy Spirit Parish and Christ the King Mission.
- In July, 2016, Father Adam Urbaniak is appointed fourth Pastor of Holy Spirit Parish and Christ the King Mission.